Newsletters are important--why? Because it's your one shot at connecting with your audience on an emotional level, to build credibility, and to establish yourself as an expert. Read the latest post by Simply Friday for more reasons to start an email marketing campaign.
For over three years, I have been advocating that my clients write (or hire someone to write) a newsletter -- so why the heck don't I have one myself? Well, the truth is I have a million excuses, none of which are any good.
I have listed some of my favorites below (do any of these sound familiar?)
"I'm too busy."
"Nobody opens those things anyways."
"I don't feel like I have anything important to say."
Today--I am going to put my money where my mouth is. I am going to create my first newsletter campaign for Nico New Media. Want to join me? Follow the steps below!
- Create an account on MailChimp (or other email marketing service provider.)
- Build a list by importing email addresses from your email account.
- Design a template (or hire someone). Make sure it matches your company's branding.
- Create an editorial calendar.
- Add a sign-up form on your website.
- Write and schedule your first blog post!
Good luck :) If you need help getting started, reach out for a free consultation.
*image by Unsplash.com